Completed on-time and under-budget in June 2009, Bay Adelaide West is Toronto’s first LEED® Certified Core and Shell Gold high-rise office building.
Bay Adelaide West is anchored by prestigious legal and accounting firms and is considered ‘the centre of business’ in Toronto, representing a new standard for premier "AAA" class commercial properties. Integrating past and present, Brookfield was the first developer to successfully incorporate the historic National Building façade at 347 Bay Street into the stunning design of a premier 51-storey office property.
The sophisticated and contemporary ground floor lobby is vibrant and spacious, approximately 3 stories tall, with an abundance of natural light. The south wall of the lobby features a light installation designed by Arizona artist James Turrell, who has been recognized with prominent awards such as Guggenheim and MacArthur fellowships.
With concourse retail providing the final link to the underground PATH pedestrian walkway, the Centre features a ½-acre urban plaza and 1,100 stall parking garage with entrances on both Adelaide and Richmond Streets. Gingko trees and ornamental grasses frame the benches and open area in the adjacent Arnell Plaza, allowing a pleasant respite for visitors.
Life safety features, such as stairwells 20% wider than Ontario Building Code requirements, blast resistant glass for the bottom 11 stories and control collapse columns represent an understanding of design challenges in today’s security-conscious environment.
Building size (000's) Sq. Ft). Office: 1,155; Retail: 37; Parking: 382
Environmental Awards & Certificates
- On-site management with 24/7 building access and security system monitoring
- Emergency alert and communications system, including parking garage alarm system
- Confidential document shredding services
- First-aid/CPR training and certification courses
- Housekeeping services
- On-site car wash and detailing service
- Internal courier services, including P.O. box mail pick-up & delivery and large volume mail delivery
- Complementary web-based Concierge
- PATH underground pedestrian access
- Pest control services