At Exchange Tower, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
The property achieved Gold Certification in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (EB:OM) program in 2012. The LEED® EB:OM rating system awards credits to buildings with green building best practices key to environmental and human health. As part of LEED® certification, Exchange Tower has implemented new policies and programs such as enhanced Green Cleaning procedures, a Tenant Green Building Education program, and Sustainable Purchasing policies. The property also achieved exemplary performance for building cleanliness as a result of an onsite custodial audit, and ranks in approximately the 94th percentile in energy performance among all buildings in North America based on the Energy Star guidelines.
Through LEED® certification, Exchange Tower achieved a 10% reduction in potable water consumption. Finally, through the property’s Sustainable Transportation program, they have determined that over 90% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation when travelling to and from the building.
The property has implemented all of Brookfield’s national environmental programs: Energy Management, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Water Conservation, Waste Management, and Sustainable Transportation. Some of the additional green amenities and highlights at Exchange Tower include:
• Annual Earth Hour participant
• Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
• Annually reports emissions to the Carbon Disclosure Project
• Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
• FSC Certified paper products
• Recycling Council of Ontario 2012 Gold in Marketing & Communications and in Facilities
• Safe Flight Migratory Bird protection program
• Smart Commute Program: on site car-sharing vehicles, secure bike storage, online carpool zone, bicycle clinics and Tenant events
• Tenant Energy Portal to provide electricity consumption data to Tenants
• Waste diversion rate of 76%
• Winner of “Lowest Energy Intensity Award” (over 500,000 sq/ft) in Regional “Greening Greater Toronto” 2012 Awards