At Hudson’s Bay Centre, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
The property is registered in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (EB:OM) program. The LEED® EB:OM Rating System covers a wide spectrum of green building best practices meaningful for the Canadian climate while focusing on the key elements of human and environmental health. The property is currently aligning itself to meet all 9 prerequisites of LEED® EB:OM.
In addition to meeting the minimum LEED® requirements, the property has implemented other programs such as a multifaceted Sustainable Transportation program that will be available for all of its occupants. The Sustainable Transportation program has aided the property in determining that 94% of building occupants use sustainable modes of travel when commuting to and from the workplace.
The property has implemented all of Brookfield’s national environmental programs: Energy Management, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Water Conservation, Waste Management, and Sustainable Transportation. Some of the additional green amenities and highlights at the building include:
• Annual Earth Hour participant
• Annually reports emissions to the Carbon Disclosure Project
• Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
• BOMA BESt Level 3 (80-89%) Certification
• Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
• FSC Certified paper products
• Green Cleaning practices
• Recycling Council of Ontario 2012 Gold in Marketing & Communications
and Silver in Facilities
• Safe Flight Migratory Bird protection program
• Smart Commute Program: on site car-sharing vehicles, online carpool zone,
bicycle clinics and Tenant events
• Tenant Energy Portal to provide electricity consumption data to Tenants
• Waste Diversion Rate of 77%