Moving and Delivery Guidelines
These moving and delivery guidelines have been developed to ensure a safe and efficient move for you and your organization. Following these guidelines will expedite your move and protect the people handling the move as well as your property and the building itself. These guidelines are in no way meant to hamper or restrict your moving process but rather to safeguard the elements involved in the process. Please let us know how we can best assist you with your move.
- A “Work Authorization Permit” must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to the date and time of your scheduled move. All moving arrangements must be confirmed with Property Management prior to any moves being permitted.
- Office moves may only occur on the weekends or after 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All moves and deliveries must be handled through the freight elevator only. Protective elevator pads will be provided. The freight elevator must be booked in advance by contacting Security at (403) 264-4848. The freight elevator is booked on a first-come first-served basis.
- The Loading Dock is the preferred building entrance for moves and deliveries. We strongly encourage you to reserve this area as well. Property Management must authorize any exceptions to this entry point. If other areas of access are approved, the mover must protect floors and walls with acceptable material to prevent damage.
- The moving contractor must provide a Certificate of Insurance prior to the actual move. The mover must be bonded and carry a minimum of $5 million combined single limit, property damage and public liability insurance. The insurance must list the landlords as additional insured:
- Brookfield Properties (BHT) Ltd. and bcIMC Realty Corporation,
Brookfield Office Properties Management LP,
Brookfield Office Properties Management Corporation,
Brookfield Properties Ltd. and The Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada
Each permit must also have a WCB Clearance letter attached to it. Any company performing a service for a tenant should have WCB coverage and all premiums should be paid in full to receive a clearance letter. If a contractor is hired and the premiums are not up to date, WCB has the right to require the tenant to pay all outstanding premiums and, should an injury occur, the tenant will be responsible for all costs associated with that injury.
Your moving contractor will be responsible for any damage incurred to the Building during the move. To avoid unnecessary damage, we suggest your movers pad or otherwise protect all entrances, doorways and walls affected by the move, and cover all floors traversed during the move with appropriate material.
- Your moving contractor is responsible for removing all garbage and bulky packing cartons.
- Our Building has a strict “No Smoking” policy. The moving crews are not permitted to smoke in any area of the building.