The Loading Dock is located on the P1 level of Brookfield Place and is accessible from the Front Street parking garage entrance. This area may be used for deliveries and pickups only.
Rules and Regulations
- The Loading Dock accommodates straight body trucks up to 44’ long (13.4 metres) and 13’ 6“ high (4.1 metres).
- An attendant is on duty from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. to assist with deliveries Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- All deliveries are restricted to the Loading Dock and must be transported via the service elevators.
In order to provide efficient, expedient service in the Loading Dock, the maximum parking time permitted in the dock area is twenty minutes. Parking in the Loading Dock for any purpose other than loading or unloading is prohibited. This is necessary to facilitate the high volume of traffic through the Loading Dock. If additional time is required, the delivery vehicle must be removed from the Loading Dock and parked outside the complex.
Drivers are required to:
- Shut down their vehicle motors while at the Loading Dock
- Remain with their vehicles during deliveries, or must leave their keys with the Loading Dock Office.
- Sign in and out with either the Loading Dock Manager or the Loading Dock Supervisor.
Only one vehicle per delivery/company is permitted to park in the Loading Dock at one time. If multiple vehicles arrive at the Loading Dock as part of one customer or delivery job, the additional vehicles must park elsewhere to await their turn at the Loading Dock.
Passenger elevators cannot be used for transporting any deliveries at any time.
Transport of deliveries is not permitted through Allen Lambert Galleria, Sam Pollock Square or the main lobbies of the complex.
All large or bulk deliveries to and from Tenant premises should be received at the Loading Dock for handling by Loading Dock staff. For incoming deliveries, the address of the Tenant must be clearly displayed.
Deliveries will be received and transported by Loading Dock staff, with the exception of the following special items that must be delivered directly by the Tenant or their delivery company:
- Goods of extraordinary value (i.e. art of any kind)
- Furniture, chairs, desks, etc.
- Business equipment that requires set-up
- Catered food requiring set-up and presentation
- Perishable items such as flowers
- Retail goods
- Construction materials
- Large moves
For Bay Wellington Tower and 22 Front Street West Office Tenants, all small package deliveries should go through the Courier Office.
After Hours or Special Deliveries
After hours or special deliveries that are not handled by Loading Dock staff should be arranged through Security. The Tenant Representative should forward a list of those suppliers who should be allowed access to the complex after hours. This list will be retained by the Security Supervisor
and can remain in effect for an extended period (i.e. one year). Please remember to advise Security when the arrangement expires, is renewed or terminated.
Catered Food Deliveries
When ordering food from an offsite caterer, ensure that the delivery person has your company telephone number or direct line in order to expedite service.
For single or small group food deliveries after hours, delivery personnel can report to the lobby security desk to arrange access.
For more information regarding deliveries, please call Loading Dock Manager, PlusOne at 416-777-6461 or Tenant Services Coordinator, PlusOne at 416-777-4077