Fire Alarm Sounds
The Fire Alarm Sounds - What do you do?
The building is equipped with a two stage fire alarm system. It has two separate and distinct tones:
The Alert Tone sounds - What do you do?
- The Alert Tone is recognised by an intermittent beeping tone (beep beep).
- The Evacuation Tone is recognised by siren tone (whoop whoop).
The intermittent beeping tone indicates a potential fire condition somewhere in the building. Remain at your work station, but be prepared to leave the building if it becomes necessary.
The Evacuation Tone Sounds - What do you do?
- Do not wait for announcements.
- Remain calm and immediately evacuate via the nearest fire exit, closing all doors behind you.
- Follow the directions of the Wardens.
- Do not use elevators as they will automatically “home” to the ground floor or alternate floor.
- Do not return to the premises until the Fire Brigade or Building Management personnel has announced that the alarm condition has been cleared.
Listen to announcements/instructions via the voice communication system and follow the instructions of the Wardens.