The concierge at 324 Queen Street provides security services. The staff are employed by MSS Security and currently under contract at 324 Queen Street.
The concierge staff are supported by comprehensive closed circuit television surveillance at strategic locations in the building and a sophisticated access management system. All concierge staff wear uniforms for identification.
Regular patrols and inspections are carried out by mobile/static guards. All common areas and multi-Tenant floors are patrolled periodically after business hours with all insecure premises investigated and Tenant representatives called at home if necessary.
The guards undertaking the patrols also ensure that all fire doors are secured, there are no unwanted visitors, and all doors are locked and secured for the night. It is the Tenants’ responsibility to ensure that all entry doors to the building are locked when exiting after hours.
While the building’s security systems can provide basic protection, security is everyone's responsibility and your cooperation and vigilance is essential.
Each Tenant can be effective in preventing the loss of valuable personal and company property by observing these general guidelines:
- Be aware of strangers in your area and if their identity cannot be readily established, advise Security immediately.
- Articles of value should not be left in open, unattended areas.
- At the end of each working day, remove or secure personal and company items of value, such as laptops, digital cameras, iPods, Blackberries, etc. Promptly report to Security the loss of property or any suspicious event. Serial numbers of all valuable items should be recorded and retained on file to aid police in recovering property in the event of loss or theft.
- You should always ensure that your suite is secure, especially after hours weeknights and on weekends when passenger elevators are programmed to security mode during these times.
- Enforce strict control of keys and access cards. Please notify the concierge immediately when a staff member has left your employment.
Special care should be taken during the following times: the first 30 minutes after opening, lunch hours and just before closing. These are the periods when there is a high volume of staff and visitor movement, and employees are often away from work areas and offices.
Additional checks of your premises can be arranged by contacting the concierge staff. Additional Fees for this service are chargeable to the Tenant.