Certificates of Insurance
Please review your lease to determine the exact requirements for insurance. Evidence of compliance with this portion of the Lease, in the form of Certificates of Insurance, should be submitted prior to move-in.
It is required that a current certificate of insurance be on file for the term of your lease. Most insurance renews annually, therefore each year the certificate needs to be updated. Additionally, any vendor or contractor employed by a tenant and performing labor at the property must submit a certificate of insurance prior to the commencement of work. Usually the vendor or contractor will be required to have insurance coverage limits equal to the Brookfield Properties Corporation minimum limits, but large, significant work projects may require higher insurance coverage limits to be provided (example: major construction). Please contact the Property Management Office with any questions and/or concerns. This includes movers, telephone vendors, computer cable installers, cleaners, furniture assemblers, etc.
Freight/Dock Elevator Reservations
Tenants may only reserve freight elevators on weekdays before 7:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m., or on weekends. The freight elevator is reserved in four-hour blocks for a charge. The freight elevator will be operated by a security guard provided by the Property Management Office.
Freight elevators are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Freight elevator reservations may be made by submitting to the Property Management Office no later than 24 hours prior to the reservation date.
HVAC for the Move
Heating and air conditioning are provided 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For after hours HVAC, contact the Property Management Office to schedule services on an hourly basis.
Once you select a moving firm, the Property Management Office will be required to pre-qualify the contractor. You should provide your contractor with a copy of our insurance requirements as well as the contractor rules and regulations and loading dock guidelines.
- To ensure that your moving in, moving out, and deliveries are executed as smoothly as possible, the Management Office asks that you comply with the following guidelines.
- All moves are to be coordinated with the Property Management Office.
- Please notify us in writing at your earliest opportunity when planning a move or major delivery. Your notice should include: a) Requested date of move or delivery, b) Name of moving or delivery company, c) Name or tenant contact responsible for coordination, d)Approximate time required to complete the move or delivery
- All moving company personnel must check in with property security prior to commencement of the move.
- Moving companies should be scheduled to be in the building between 6:00 p.m. and midnight on weekdays and 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on weekends. The tenant may be required to pay for property security personnel or an elevator operator to be present during the move or major delivery. When major deliveries must be made during normal working hours, the Property Management Office should be asked to suggest the times least intrusive to the other tenants and building operations.
- The moving company must provide a copy of their certificate of insurance prior to the move.
- All moves must be completed using the freight elevator. At no time shall the passenger elevators be used for moving purposes. Contact the Property Management Office to request the freight elevator.
- All moves must be made through the dock, which is located in the rear of the building street. No moves may be made through any other entrance without permission from the Property Management Office.
- Elevator protection must be provided including cab pads and appropriate protection for elevator frames, carpeting and corridor finishing. All elevator lobby and corridor floors must be protected by plywood or tempered masonite provided by your moving or major delivery company.
- After your move, the moving contractor must perform a general clean-up leaving the area broom clean and removing all cartons, packing materials, masonite panels, pads, etc. Use of building dumpsters is not permitted.
- The instructions of the security staff, engineering staff, and the Property Management Office shall be strictly followed in order to ensure an efficient and safe move.