Place de Ville is a major office complex consisting of two phases, covering two city blocks, linked underground both by a retail service concourse and the first level of a multi-level parking garage. Phase II is located in between Kent and Lyon Streets (east to west) and Sparks and Queen Street (north to south). It comprises of Towers C a twenty nine (29) storey building, the Podium, a smaller four (4) storey building, the Shops a below grade retail service concourse which includes office space, retail outlets, a food court, storage space and, a four-level underground parking facility with seven hundred and seventy (770) parking stalls and storage facilities.
Phase II was constructed in 1971. The structural frame of the Podium is cast-in-place reinforced concrete with the exterior cladding of the building consisting of aggregate-finished panels with double-glazed windows and Tower C has a structural steel frame with the exterior cladding consisting of a steel and double-glazed curtain wall. All of Tower C is occupied by Transport Canada as their headquarters, the Podium upper three floors are occupied by Human Resources Development Canada, the ground floor by a printing service company and by a restaurant.
Building Size (000's Sq. Ft.)
Office Tower: 597
Year Built: 1971
Year Renovated: 1995
Number of Floors:
Tower C - 29
Podium - 4
Building Architect: Campeau Corporation
Typical Floor Size:
Tower C -19,000 Sq. Ft.
Podium - 17,000 Sq. Ft.
Environmental Awards & Certificates
In addition to the core services found in all of the buildings, amenities specific to Place de Ville include:
- 24/7 building Key-Card-access and staffed security console
- Stunning views of Parliament Hill and the Ottawa River
- Access to Transitway, dedicated roadways for OC Transpo and emergency vehicles that runs from one end of Ottawa to the other
- Convenient to the O-Train Bayview station that is fully integrated with OC Transpo’s bus service, creating seamless travel between rail and regular commuter systems
- Concourse level connects to major area hotels