Towering 72 stories above Toronto’s Financial District, First Canadian Place has remained unrivaled as Canada’s tallest business landmark since 1975.
Considered ahead of its time, the property has exceeded building code requirements and operational standards, while providing the most comprehensive array of tenant services and amenities including three levels of retail, restaurants and services.
First Canadian Place is a certified green building with a Gold level of certification in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance program.
After three years of extensive exterior and interior renovation work, First Canadian Place
is proud to celebrate the completion of its multi-million dollar rejuvenation project, Redefining First. Brookfield Office Properties Corporation
, in partnership with its co-owners, have transformed the 2.8-million square foot building into a spectacular energy-conscious centre for business, retail, and pleasure.
The revitalized, iconic downtown building, was officially re-launched on October 25, 2012
with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, entertainment, and Tenant reception.
to watch the video of the transformation.
Building Size (000's Sq. Ft.): Office: 2,379; Retail: 232; Parking: 169
Year Built: 1975
Number of Floors: 72
Building Architect: Bregman + Hamann
Typical Floor Size: 31,000 Sq. Ft.
2008: Maple Leaf “GOLD” Award - Marketing Excellence for Sales Promotion & Events for “Clothes Friends”
2005: BOMA Award - Certificate of Building Excellence, Building of the Year
Environmental Awards & Certificates
First Canadian Place has been the recipient of numerous marketing awards. Click here to see a full listing.
- Office floors feature 9' high ceilings, 26 lighting zones per floor, and an under-floor duct system housing communication cables.
- With leading-edge technology, the 29 double-decker passenger elevators are not only capable of microsecond decision-making, but also able to "learn" to provide optimum response times based on traffic and time of day.
- With the highest rooftop in Canada, FCP serves as a prime communications site - second only to the CN Tower.
- FCP is equipped with a fully integrated Simplex fire and life safety system featuring cell phone technology - the first of its kind in North America.
- On-site health club with a registered dietician and personal trainers
- Banking and financial planning services
- Dry cleaning, shoe repair
- Locksmith and courier services
- Valet parking and after-hours parking escort
- Personal shopper