Building Rules and Regulations
The following Rules and Regulations have been adopted for the safety, benefit and convenience of all Tenants and other persons in the Complex. The Tenant shall at all times comply with the Rules and Regulations that are currently in effect.
- If any emergency situation arises the Tenant shall cause all occupants of the Premises to vacate the Building if directed to do so by the Landlord or any public authority, in the manner prescribed by the Landlord or such public authority.
- No inflammable, explosive or dangerous materials shall be stored or used in the Premises and the Tenant shall not do, or omit to do, anything which may in any way breach Applicable Laws, increase the risk of fire or obstruct or interfere with the rights of other occupants of the Building.
- The Landlord may require that any Person entering and leaving the Building at any time other than Business Hours identify himself and satisfy security measures prescribed by the Landlord from time to time. The Landlord may prevent any Person from entering the Premises unless that Person possesses a key, pass or other authorization satisfactory to the Landlord, and may prevent any Person removing any goods without written authorization. The Landlord may institute a photo-identification or other security system, in which case identification cards or other necessary security devices must be obtained from the Landlord at the expense of the Tenant.
- All entrance doors to the Premises must be kept locked when the Premises are not in use. Except as provided for below, all locks within the Premises and on the access doors to the Premises will permit access by the Landlord's master key or access cards. The Tenant shall not install any locks, bolts or other security devices affecting access to the Premises, or any part thereof, without the Landlord's prior written consent, which may be granted on a conditional basis. No change may be made to existing locks or locking mechanism within the Premises or on the access doors to the Premises without the Landlord's consent and co-ordination.
- The Tenant shall keep the Premises tidy and free from rubbish, which shall be deposited in receptacles designated by the Landlord for waste.
- The entrance, lobbies, elevators, staircases and other such facilities of the Building shall be used only for access to the Premises; the Tenant shall not obstruct or damage such facilities, or permit them to be obstructed or damaged by its agents, employees, officers, invitees or others under its control.
- The Tenant shall not obstruct access to main header ducts, janitor and electrical closets and other Building Systems.
- The Tenant shall, at its expense and at such reasonable intervals as the Landlord requires, exercise such pest control measures as directed by the Landlord using contractors designated by the Landlord, failing which the Landlord shall have the right, at its option, to exercise such pest control measures for the Premises, at the expense of the Tenant.
Receiving, Shipping, Movement of Articles
- No heavy equipment, safe or other items shall be moved by or for the Tenant except with the prior written consent of the Landlord, which may be arbitrarily withheld. Any such item shall be moved upon the appropriate steel-bearing plates, skids, or platforms, subject always to direction by the Landlord, and shall take place at such times and by such Persons as the Landlord shall have approved.
- No equipment, freight, office materials or supplies, furnishings or bulky matter shall be moved in or out of the Premises or carried on the escalators or elevators of the Development except during such hours as the Landlord shall have approved. Hand trucks and similar appliances shall be equipped with rubber tires, rubber bumpers and other safeguards approved by the Landlord, and shall be used only by prior arrangement with the Landlord.
- The Tenant shall receive, ship and take delivery of, and require shippers and others to deliver and take delivery of, equipment, freight, office materials and supplies, and furnishings only through the appropriate service and delivery facilities and elevators provided in the Development and subject to such further regulations as the Landlord may from time to time impose. The service elevators in the Development and the Building shall not be used for the movement of any such item without the prior written consent of the Landlord and shall be left in clean condition following use.
Prevention of Injury to Premises
- The Tenant shall not misuse or damage the Premises or any of the improvements or facilities therein, or unreasonably deface or mark any walls or other parts of the Premises.
- The Tenant shall not:
o install or use any radio, television or other similar device in the Premises which may in any manner constitute a disturbance or an annoyance to any other Tenant in the Development;
o install in the Premises or elsewhere in the Building any transmitting radio communications equipment without the Landlord's prior written consent; or
o operate an electrical device from which may emanate electrical waves that may interfere with or impair radio or television broadcasting or reception from or in the Development. The Tenant shall not in any case erect or cause to be erected any satellite dishes or aerial anywhere in the Development.
- No curtains, blinds or other window coverings shall be installed by the Tenant without the prior written consent of the Landlord. Window coverings that are installed shall comply with the uniform scheme of the Building.
- The Tenant shall not interfere with any window coverings installed upon exterior windows of the Building, and shall close such window coverings during such hours as the Landlord may require, and shall not install or operate any interior window coverings installed by the Tenant so as to interfere with the exterior appearances of the Building or the climate control system of the Building.
The water closets and other water apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they were constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, ashes or other substance shall be placed therein. The Tenant shall be responsible for any damages resulting from misuse caused by it or by its agents, employees, officers, licensees or invitees. The Tenant shall not let the water run unless it is then being used.
Use of Premises
- No cooking or preparation of food which requires venting or produces odours shall be permitted in the Premises and no electrical apparatus likely to cause overloading of electrical circuits shall be used therein.
- The Tenant shall not use or permit use of the Premises in such manner as to create any noises or odours objectionable or offensive to the Landlord or any other Tenant or occupant of the Building or other nuisance or hazard or to breach the provisions of Applicable Laws or any requirement of the insurers of the Building.
- No Person shall use the Premises for sleeping apartments or residential purposes, or for the storage of personal effects or articles other than those required for business purposes.
- No musical instruments or sound producing equipment or amplifiers which may be heard outside the Premises shall be played or operated on the Premises.
Canvassing, Soliciting, Peddling
The Tenant shall not perform, patronize or permit anyone under its control to perform any canvassing, soliciting or peddling in the Development and shall not install in the Premises any machines vending or dispensing refreshments or merchandising, except with the prior written consent of the Landlord.
Bicycles or other vehicles shall not be brought or left in or upon any part of the Development except in such area or areas as are designated by the Landlord from time to time.
If pursuant to Section 6.07 of the Lease the Tenant is permitted to erect, affix or install any sign or lettering which may be seen outside the Premises it shall at its own expense erect and maintain in good condition and repair any such sign or lettering and shall observe and comply with Applicable Laws, including the payment of license or other fees.
These rules and regulations, together with all amendments, deletions and additions, are not necessarily intended for uniform application, but may be waived in whole or in part in respect of other Tenants of the Building without affecting their enforceability with respect to the Tenant and the Premises, and may be waived in whole or in part with respect to the Premises without waiving them as to future application to the Premises. The imposition of such rules and regulations shall not create or imply any obligation of the Landlord to enforce them or create any liability of the Landlord for any such lack of enforcement.
With the exception of service animals, no live animals are permitted in the complex.