The Exchange Tower is truly the heartbeat of Canadian business. Home to the Toronto Stock Exchange, it is the focal point of Toronto’s financial services industry.
The Exchange Tower is a certified green building with a Gold level of certification in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance program.
The Exchange Tower is located at 130 King Street West in Toronto at the corner of York and King Streets. Ideally situated in the downtown Financial District, the 36-storey property boasts over 1 million square feet of rentable space with typical floors containing approximately 25,000 square feet. The Exchange Tower is conveniently linked to neighbouring properties via the underground PATH system and was uniquely designed to complement the existing architecture of Brookfield’s First Canadian Place, with which it shares parking and loading dock facilities, concourse-level and ground floor.
The property has undergone major renovations to the office and retail areas, including a renovated front lobby, new food court and significant upgrades to multi-tenanted floor lobbies and washrooms. The building also experienced a rather unique redevelopment project when the Toronto Stock Exchange eliminated the old trading floor and installed a second floor in their existing space. This added approximately 27,000 square feet of new space to the building.
Brookfield Properties operates its buildings at the highest standard. Our on-site property, facility management, security and fire-safety teams are in place to oversee and keep the properties efficiently operating. Web-based service request management systems ensure a speedy response to tenants' needs and environmentally-friendly initiatives and programs are in place throughout the property. Brookfield Office Properties Canada is 90% owned by Brookfield Office Properties.
Building Size (000's Sq. Ft.): Office: 963; Retail: 66; Parking: 131
Year Built 1981
Year Renovated: 1999
Number of Floors: 36
Building Architect: The Webb Zerafa Menkes Housden Partnership
2011: BOMA National Pinnacle Award – Customer Service “Above and Beyond”
2011: BOMA Toronto Pinnacle Award – Customer Service “ Above and Beyond”
2011: BOMA Toronto Certificate of Excellence
2006: BOMA Building of the Year for Canada
(1 Million SF or Greater Category)
2006: BOMA Toronto Certificates of Excellence
2003: BOMA Certificates of Excellence
Environmental Awards & Certificates
2007: ICSC Maple Leaf Award Marketing Community Relations Mixed-Use
Tools for Success
2003: ICSC Merit Award Marketing Consumer or Trade Advertising
"Exchange the Ordinary for the Extraordinary"
- Underground Parking Facility for 992 Vehicles
- Cable Television
- Wireless Internet
- Telecommunications available through multiple suppliers
- Captivate Elevator Display Screens for Internet Information & Advertising
- Building entrances located on King Street, York Street and Adelaide Street.
- Part of the PATH Toronto’s Downtown Walkway System linking 27 kilometres of underground shopping, service and entertainment
- Onsite Secure Bicycle Storage
- Secure Shredding Services
- Carpool Zone & Auto Share Services
- Auto Concierge
- EWaste collection Services
- On-site ATMs
- Dental Office
- Optometrist office & Optical Store
- Full-service Beauty Hair Salon
- Banking & Financial Planning Services
- Shoe Repair & Key Cutting
- In-house Courier Services
- ESERVUS Concierge Services
- Elevator News Network
- TSX Broadcast News Centre
- 55 Shops, Services & Eateries through out the Exchange Tower Complex
- 350 Seats located in food court area
- A variety of international cuisine located in our food court